Bamboo is a grass-like plant, although it is used in large quantities as a substitute for wood. Bamboo is grown across Africa, Asia, and Central and South America and, together with rattan, is considered a non-timber forestry material.
Bamboo has a wide range of uses and can be cut or processed like wood into engineered timber, veneer, paper, charcoal, and fiber glue, to name but a few. Bamboo is a natural life form, like human beings, with irregular variations in its texture, natural colors, and chic textures, a symbol of elegance and wealth, and a gentleman among household materials, able to enhance the overall taste of the home space and beneficial to physical and mental health.
Many people have seen bamboo furniture, in addition to bamboo chairs, bamboo mats, bamboo flooring, bamboo coffee tables, rattan sofas, restaurant furniture, and so on. As a green form of furniture, bamboo furniture is increasingly popular with the public for its simplicity and natural temperament.
The bamboo material itself is dense, tough, natural to the touch, soft and elegant in color. At the same time, as part of the living environment, bamboo has an advantage over other materials in terms of maintaining the living environment.
Bamboo grows rapidly and is the champion of the plant world, so it needs a lot of water to maintain the growth process. The bamboo profile has many dots, such as the pores on the human body, which enable the circulation of water and air, and has a very strong permeability.
Advantages of bamboo materials
1. Bamboo furniture without chemical pollution, pure environmental protection furniture, strong heat absorption, but also maintains the natural green bamboo. Bamboo furniture maintains the unique texture of bamboo. Bamboo furniture is made of special glue, which is environmentally friendly and will not be harmful to humans.
2. Bamboo has its unique natural grain, the texture is clearly visible, always gives a rustic and light freshness, bamboo joints are staggered, a beautiful appearance.
3. Bamboo is suitable to use in furniture and it can bring people warm in winter and cool in summer, bamboo has moisture-absorbing and heat-absorbing properties, hot summer can absorb sweat, cold winter can also give people also come warm, or a cushion, more soft and comfortable.
4. Bamboo furniture using natural bamboo is a renewable resource and in a short period of time, the use of bamboo furniture made of bamboo is natural environmental protection, by the people who advocate environmental protection as a new choice of fashion home.
5. Bamboo furniture also has the function of absorbing ultraviolet rays that few people know about, making the eyes more comfortable and preventing myopia.
Disadvantages of bamboo: Bamboo is prone to insects and mold and can be deformed and cracked by the environment.
With the global lack of wood resources, all-bamboo furniture will become an important branch of furniture in the future. Treated bamboo panels are resistant to insects, deformation, and debonding, not to mention cracking as is usually the case with solid wood. Bamboo is warm in winter and cool in summer. Due to the natural characteristics of bamboo, its moisture and heat absorption properties are higher than those of wood, so it is cool and absorbs sweat when sitting on it in the hot summer and has a warm feeling in winter.